|Information About Fremantle|
The port region of Fremantle in Perth retains much of it's old charm harking back to the days when it was a popular destination for travellers coming to Australia across the seas. Today it is still a busy, working port but also has historic pubs, hotels and other buildings that have been renovated to provide modern conveniences and still retain the heritage of the area. Fremantle is an extremely poular place to stay and visit because it is not only a hub for arts lovers, local musicians and street performers which can been seen in front of crowds on the weekends, but also has a wide variety of bars, pubs and nightclubs that will keep you entertained after dark. Fremantle has a wide variety of restaurants especially in Fishing Boat Harbour which have spectacular views over the Indian Ocean out to Rottnest and beyond. Many of these restaurants have an Italian influence but there are also plenty of places that serve freshly caught and cooked seafood which should not be missed. Fremantle has a wide variety of hotels and fully self contained serviced apartments with very affordable accommodation to suit the needs and requirements of any travel budget. There are lots of things to see and do in and around the Fremantle area, including seeing the winning America's Cup yacht Australia II at the Western Australia Maritime Museum, taking a boat ride along the beautiful Swan River or further afield to the every popular Rottnest Island.
Mosman Beach Apartments
Holiday makers, business travellers and families who choose to stay at the Mosman Beach Apartments will be able to take a short walk to the South Cottesloe Beach or make the most of the diverse range of restaurants, cafes & shops that are located close by. The Mosman Beach Apartments in Fremantle has a variety of one, two & three bedroom fully self-contained apartments that have been luxuriously appointed and are air conditioned for your comfort. The Mosman Beach Apartments also features an extensive range of on-site resort facilities to make sure that your holiday is as relaxing as possible, including an outdoor swimming pool, well equipped gymnasium and guest laundry facilities.
Address : 3 Fairlight Street, Mosman Park 6012 WA
Map of Fremantle Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Fremantle
- A great way to spend a relaxing afternoon in Fremantle is to take a cruise along the beautiful Swan River. There are a number of cruise and boat operators that will be able to take you for an afternoon or evening ride along this unique waterway, and there is no better way to see the city of Perth than from a boat whilst you are enjoying a refreshing drink or bite to eat.
- Located right in the heart of Fremantle is the popular tourist attraction of the Western Australia Maritime Museum. The interesting museum is great for people of all ages and includes a large number of displays, exhibits and information about maritime life. The museums most famous exhibit would have to be the winning America's Cup yacht Australia II, although there are also lots of other historic vessels at this museum.
- Situated on The Terrace is the Fremantle Prison, which is is one of Western Australia’s most fascinating and significant cultural attractions. Fremantle Prison provides visitors with mystery and fun because it has a Prison Day Tour, Tunnels Tour or Torchlight Tour all within the largest convict built structure in Western Australia.
- No trip to Fremantle would be complete without a day trip out to Rottnext Island. Here you will be able to simply soak up the atmosphere of this unique island, or for the more adventurous experience the underwater world by scuba diving or snorkelling around the island. If doesn't matter whether you are an experienced diver or have never dived before there are people to guide you trought this exciting activity with ease.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Fremantle
- The heart of shopping in Fremantle has to be the Woolstores Shopping Centre, which is located on Cantonment Street in Fremantle. At Woolstores visitors will find a supermarket, liquor outlet, plus over 20 specialty stores from fresh food, fashion and beauty to a Ticketek outlet for those people looking to see a show whilst in Perth.
- If you enjoy playing golf then Fremantle is a great place for your next stay in Perth. Situated close by to Fremantle are a number of quality courses including the Fremantle Public Golf Course, Mosman Park Golf Club and the Point Walter Golf Course. During your stay in Fremantle any of these golf courses will provide you with a challenge, whilst still having a relaxing morning or afternoon.
- The Aboriginart Indigenous Fine Art Gallery is situated in Elder Place Fremantle and provides a great place to invest in indigenous art. At this gallery you will find the finest selection of ethically sourced Central and Western Desert contemporary aboriginal art painted by some of Australia’s most collectable artists, catering for all aesthetic tastes and budgets.
- If you are interested in sailing or yatching then you should visit the Fremantle Sailing Yatch Club during your stay in Perth. This sailing club is located on Marine Terrace in South Fremantle and provides an excellent place from which to do a bit of sailing on either the Indian Ocean or the nearby Swan River.